The competence of the Security, Corruption Prevention and Public Order Issues Committee includes:
- security and public order issues;
- fighting profligacy;
- development of municipality’s strategy of anticorruption and supervision of its implementation;
- evaluation of action plan for risks of corruption abatement prepared by municipality’s institutions and supervision of its implementation.
- The committee supervises Riga Municipality Police and Riga Addiction Prevention Centre.
Security, Corruption Prevention and Public Order Committee:
- proposes appointing or dismissing of the chairman of the Administrative Commission of Riga City Council according to the present regulations;
- submits the proposals concerning the formation and improving of the work of the Administrative Commission of Riga City Council;
- coordinates and improves collaboration of municipality and state institutions in corruption risks abatement;
- promotes participation of society in corruption’s and its risks prevention.
Pursuant to regulations No.114 of Riga City Council of March 1, 2011, the number of councillors working on the Finance and Administration Issues Committee may not exceed 20.