The Public Order Regulations adopted on June 19, 2007 can be read in full here
I The terms used:
• Greenery – all planted green areas and cultivated areas, i.e. parks, gardens, flower gardens, squares, boulevards, avenues, cemeteries, slope fixings and others, as well as the areas provided for these. The greenery may include trees, bushes, creepers, flower plantations, lawns, roads, water bodies, paths and squares with garden furniture and appliances, as well as the buildings intended for greenery care and other elements.
• Computer lounge – a place, where computer and computer equipment services are provided in return for cash.
• Entertainment venue – a cafeteria, a tea house, a bar, a restaurant, a club, a gambling house, a gambling hall, a discotheque, a dance hall and other venues where entertainment events are offered (entertaining television shows, performances, games, sideshows, dances, etc.), except for the venues that offer catering services exclusively and working hours of which do not exceed 11:00 p.m.
• Public place – a territory or venue intended for providing for the common needs and interests of the society (irrespectively of the property or possession form) at the time when people or individuals, who are not the owners, possessors, managers of the venue or their paid workers, as well as the people, whose presence at the particular venue are related to performing their professional duties are situated in this territory or venue.
• Public event – an event of festive, commemorative, entertainment, sports or recreational significance happening at the public place irrespectively of its form of property or possession, which is organized and planned by a physical or legal person.
• Public property – public place owned or possessed by state or municipality and without any limits or conditions accessible to individuals.
• Ultra light aircraft (UVGK) – one-seated or two-seated aircraft with a takeoff mass that does not exceed 600 kilograms.
II Prohibitions and limitations in the administrative territory of Riga:
It is prohibited in the administrative territory of Riga:
to cause noise or permit the generation of noise by a noise source in the possession of an individual, irrespectively of its location if it interferes with the peace of the surrounding individuals or normal operation of institutions or organizations, but is not linked to transportation or events accepted by Riga City executive director;
• to use pyrotechnics between 11:00 p.m. and 7:00 a.m., except for state holidays, unless the use of these is accepted by Riga City executive director.
It is prohibited in the territory of public property:
to engage in fortune telling and magic;
• to hold an open beer or other alcoholic beverage pack or an alcoholic beverage in any open container, except in places, where it is permitted;
• to swim in any water bodies, except in places, where it is permitted;
• to drive a vehicle on the ice in the water bodies, except in cases, when assistance should be provided or water bodies maintained;
• to tread on the grass of the greenery of Riga cultural heritage centre (Esplanade square; Canal greenery; Riga Castle square; Kronvalds park, Vermane garden), as well as in the greenery marked with municipality prohibition signs;
• damage or move state and municipality informative (prohibition, warning, restrictive, and other) signs or other objects of public use.
It is prohibited in public places:
• to dwell (stay overnight, sleep, etc.);
• to beg intrusively;
• to ride rollerblades, skateboards, and scooters from dusk till dawn (according to the calendar time), if reflectors are not attached to the street clothes in a well visible place;
• to smoke at the playgrounds and places provided for entertainment of children;
• to perform prophylactic service of a vehicle (changing of oil or other engine fluids, washing of the engine, etc.) and to wash the cars except in places especially designed for such tasks;
• to spit, litter or answer calls of nature in places not intended for that;
• to tamper with or damage residential or public buildings, business buildings, fences, other buildings or architectural elements with inscriptions, pictures or in any other way;
• to walk a dog without a lead in the greenery of the Riga city between 7:00 a.m. and 11:00 p.m., except for the limited territories especially established for such purposes;
• to walk a dog in the playgrounds and places provided for entertainment of children, as well as sports grounds;
• not to observe the rules of conduct of the state and municipality establishments, institutions and commercial companies;
• to bring any beverages in glass bottles or any other fragile packing into places where public events are being held;
• to take off and land ultra light aircraft, hang gliders, gliders and hot air balloons, except for the cases, when it is accepted by Riga City executive director.
Children are prohibited:
• minors below 16 years of age are prohibited to attend computer lounges during the time of the studies without written permission of the school administration, except for school holidays;
• minors below 16 years of age are prohibited to attend public places between 11:00 p.m. and 7:00 a.m. without their parents or guardians;
• minors below 18 years of age are prohibited to smoke in public places.
Business owners must ensure the absence of minors below 16 years of age if they are without their parents or guardians in the places of entertainment between 11:00 p.m. and 7:00 a.m.
Business owners must ensure the absence of minors below 16 years of age without written permission of the administration of the educational establishment and between 11:00 p.m. and 7:00 a.m. at the computer lounges during the school time, except for the time of school holidays.